Wefunder's European Expansion
In February 2023, Wefunder launched its European operations, becoming the first US-based crowdfunding platform authorised to operate in the EU (aside from Republic’s acquisition of Seedrs). Wefunder is set to become a major player in the EU crowdfunding scene. This expansion is thanks to the recent harmonisation of crowdfunding regulations across all 27 member states, allowing companies to reach a combined market of over 447 million potential investors.
"Startups who are a good fit for a community round tend to have traction and a community of passionate users, fans, and customers. Stage and industry can vary -- we work with pre-seed to Series B companies across almost any vertical. By leveraging supporters who already know and love their product, founders can raise faster, build an army of brand ambassadors who help the business grow, and leverage their community round success in future VC or institutional rounds by showing that they are building a company people want." - Katie Powers, Head of EU at Wefunder
The Community Round Advantage
Wefunder's innovative Community Round offers a unique opportunity for startups to align incentives with their most passionate fans. By co-investing in your business, your customers, users, and followers can become part-owners of your company, providing a range of commercial benefits in addition to much-needed cash. Community Round campaigns on Wefunder are backed by top-tier European funds and serial founders from prominent EU scale-ups such as N26, Tier, Casper, Blinkist, and more.
Benefits of ECSPR Compliance
Startups have easier access to investors across different EU countries. This development helps to eliminate barriers and streamline the process for companies looking to raise funds from a diverse pool of European investors.
With the ECSPR, startups can now benefit from a range of new features and benefits that were previously unavailable. These include:
- One market with 447 million potential investors
- More competition and transparency, with minimum disclosures required for all campaigns
- Community Rounds as a competitive supplement or alternative to traditional capital
- The ability to work with more startups around the globe
- Twice as much money can be raised from retail investors
- Fewer regulations compared to the US, allowing more flexibility for startups
Tips for a Successful Equity Crowdfunding Campaign
To make the most of your campaign, follow these tips:
- Build a loyal customer base before launching your campaign - develop a killer strategy to convert these fans into investors
- Use your campaign to align incentives with your customers and promote your brand
- Use the campaign as an opportunity to leverage PR and generate press coverage to spark conversations
- Choose exciting rewards for your campaign: Offer exclusive benefits or perks to your investors, such as early access to new products, limited edition items, or unique experiences.
- Use your campaign to build relationships and generate exposure and growth
- Be transparent about your fundraising goals and what you will do with the funds raised
Blazon Agency: a leading authority in the European Equity Crowdfunding space. If you want to discuss how to get the most out of your campaign, or more information about launching and scaling an equity crowdfunding round, reach out to us at email@example.com